DumbbellConnect Base is not turning on
If you’re having trouble with your DumbbellConnect base, you may be experiencing a charging issue. Please use the following steps to ensure your unit is charging properly.
1. Make Sure Your Base is Charged
- Plug the base into a working power supply.
- Be sure to use a USB to USB-C charging cord.
- Ensure that the handle is properly seated on the base.
- Press the [-] or [+] button to wake up the base.
- Ensure that the base and shell battery icons are showing, and allow the base and shell to charge for at least 3 hours.
If the base has gone without a charge, or the charge cord is not working, it will not turn on and the unit will not operate. Please ensure that the base is plugged in and allowed to charge on a regular basis. Be sure your USB to USB-C cord, power adapter, and outlet are all working. If one of these is not working, the unit will not charge.
2. Reset the Base
- Remove the handle and all weights from the base.
- Unplug the base from your power supply.
- Turn the base over, and locate the small hole near the charge port.
- Use a paperclip to press the reset button inside the hole.
- Allow the unit to reboot. The unit will beep when the reset is complete.
- Press the plus or minus button to turn the base on.
- Plug the unit back into a working power supply, and replace the weights and handle.
A reset may resolve the issue if none of the charging components are at fault. The base can be reset by pressing the reset button, located on the underside of the base, in a small hole near the charge port. The unit will quickly turn off, turn back on, and beep once when the reset is complete.