Using Your DumbellConnect
Get to know and understand the first-ever digitally adjustable dumbbell! Follow our step-by-step instructions, and you’ll get a grip on things.
1. Turning on your DumbellConnect
- Activate the DumbellConnect by pressing the [-] or [+] button.
- After seeing the JAXJOX logo and the Bluetooth connection reminder, the screen will show the weight that the unit is currently set to, along with the battery icons and unit of weight.
Before using your DumbbellConnect for the first time, you must plug it in to charge with the handle seated on the base to disable sleep mode. All DumbbellConnect units are shipped in sleep mode to preserve the battery, so when it arrives all you have to do is remove the sleep mode and start working out.
2. Adjusting the Weights
- You can adjust weight to 8 lbs (3.6 Kg), 14 lbs (6.3 Kg), 20 lbs (9.1 Kg), 26 lbs (11.7 Kg), 32 lbs (14.5 Kg), 38 lbs (17.2 Kg), 44 lbs (20 Kg), or 50 lbs (22.6 Kg)
- The DumbbellConnect will take 2-3 seconds to change weights. Please do not remove the handle while the loading animation screen is displayed.
- Once the DumbbellConnect is ready, it will beep. Do not remove the handle before the beep.
3. Working Out
- Once your weight is selected and the unit has beeped, lift the handle from the base.
- Please do not lift handle until the unit beeps.
- Perform your workout as desired.
4. Seating and Charging Your Dumbbell
- Return the handle to the base. Ensure that the handle and weights are aligned properly with the base when reseating.
- The DumbbellConnect will beep when properly seated.
- When the handle and base are connected, there will be a handle battery icon (right) next to the base battery icon (left). If the handle is not seated properly on the base, the handle battery icon will not be visible next to the base battery icon.
5. Changing Units of Measurement
- Press and hold the [+] button on the base for 3 seconds, the weight unit in the top right corner will start blinking.
- Press the [+] button again to change the unit of weight.
The units of weight can be changed between Lbs and Kg. Please use the steps above to change the measurement to your desired unit.
6. Syncing to the App
- The JAXJOX DumbbellConnect is compatible with mobile devices that support iOS and Android. To get the most of your DumbbellConnect, install the JAXJOX app and connect it to your device.
- Connect to Bluetooth: To sync your device, make sure your Bluetooth is enabled on your phone and in the App.
- Open your JAXJOX app and go to your profile by clicking the image icon at the top right of your screen. Then click ‘My Devices’ and ‘Add New Device.’ Be sure that the device is charged and nearby. Click ‘Connect’ once the device is found.
7. Tracking Your Workouts
Once your Dumbbell is connected, you’re ready to workout and start tracking. Our technology tracks your reps, sets, duration, calories, total volume, and average power.
You can see results by clicking ‘Device’ and selecting your equipment. To start a workout and see results in real-time, tap ‘Classes’ and select your device. Then tap ‘Start Workout Now’ to begin. Upgrade to premium to enjoy a wide range of strength, recovery, and cardio classes.
8. Upgrading to JAXJOX Premium
You can upgrade to JAXJOX Premium for 12.99 a month. Get a free 30-day trial of JAXJOX premium to gain access to all of our classes and premium features. You’ll enjoy hundreds of on-demand workouts, real-time performance tracking, workout scheduling, and personalized insights, all from your home or smartphone.
To upgrade, simply go to your app profile and click ‘Subscriptions.’ Select ‘Change Subscription’ and tap the ‘Subscribe Now.’ And you’re in!